Howtd (How to do)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Howtd (How to do)

New systems generate new problems !

We are happy to announce that the forum is available in English ! |HOWtd| We have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pcdoctorhowtodo like and share Smile |HOWtd| We are looking for Staff,more details in Forum Administration|HOWtd|Any problems contact staff_96@ymail.com |HOWtd|

I forgot my password

Translate

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is a antivirus

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is a antivirus Empty What is a antivirus Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 am

Toddo

Admin

Anti-virus programs help protect your computer against viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other "invaders" that can attack your computer. But, in this case is more serious than a cold. Viruses, worms and others like them often indulge in malicious actions such as deleting files, accessing personal data or use your computer to attack other computers.

Why should you use anti-virus?

It can prevent "illness" of a computer by "injecting" anti-virus program. Just remember that such doses of vaccine, it is often enough a single administration. It is necessary to administer regular doses auxiliary. In this instance, it simply means regularly updating anti-virus program. These updates generally are offered by subscription to anti-virus vendor.

How can I protect my computer against viruses and other pests?

Three important steps can help maintain the health of the computer.

Step 1. Install anti-virus program on your computer

It is essential to have anti-virus program installed on your computer and to be in operational status.
How do I know if I installed an anti-virus?
Many major computer manufacturers add new computers at least a trial version of a package known anti-virus programs. To make sure your anti-virus program is updated, see Step 2.
Check the list of programs from the Start menu there is an anti-virus. Here are some companies that provide anti-virus software for home users: McAfee, Symantec and Trend Micro.

How do I install an antivirus program?

If you do not have antivirus software installed on your computer, you can get one of the companies listed above. Many anti-virus companies offer trial versions to be downloaded from their Web sites.
If you already have anti-virus software installed, but want to install a new product from another company, make sure you uninstall the current product before installing the new one.

Step 2. An outdated anti-virus anti-virus is useless

Anti-virus programs rely on regular updates to help protect against the latest threats. If you do not subscribe to these updates, your computer may become vulnerable to attacks by malicious programs.

How do I know if anti-virus program is updated?

It is necessary to make an annual subscription to the company producing the anti-virus program to make sure anti-virus program is kept up to date and effective.
If you purchased a subscription, most antivirus programs will update themselves when you connect to the Internet.
For anti-virus program to update, open it from the Start menu or taskbar and look for update status information. If you still are not sure that the anti-virus is updated, contact the program vendor.

Step 3. Make sure your anti-virus program is configured properly to protect the system

Following settings should be enabled by default when installing the program and should not disabled for long periods. If you need to disable these settings to install new software or otherwise reactivate these settings as soon as possible.
Scan "to access" or "real time" ("on-access" and "real time") should be activated. You should see an icon in the notification area to indicate if this setting is enabled. Clicking the icon, you will see details of anti-virus program settings. Clicking the antivirus icon in the Start menu programs list should give you the same information.

Anti-virus program should be planned to perform a scan of your hard disk.
Anti-virus software should be configured to scan e-mail default

http://howtd.wikiforum.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum